FROM MINE TO YOURS
We have an exclusive partnership with the world’s largest Tanzanite mining company, meaning that we can trace every gemstone all the way back to its source.
We also cut and polish each tanzanite from the rough, and craft all of our jewellery in house.
This unique business model means Tanzanite Direct is the only online company where you can be absolutely sure of your tanzanite’s exact origin and provenance , the conditions it was mined under, as well as the quality and ethical status of the gemstone and jewellery manufacturing process.
INTERNATIONAL CHARGES AND TAX
International customers, including those located in the USA are responsible for all duty, customs charges and taxes. These additional charges are separate from shipping charges and are the responsibility of the recipient.
These charges are usually levied by Fedex on delivery of the parcel, or by mail 1 – 2 weeks after delivery .
The USA is one of the only countries in the world where loose tanzanite are tax free when imported. Tanzanite jewellery is taxed at 5.5%.
Estimated Import Duties & Tax Rates
|Loose Tanzanite Gemstones
|Additional Notes / Charges
| * Additional State tax may apply in some areas.
|*import transaction fee $38.00 NZD. *Often free under $400.00
|*Tax rate may be applied/ differ between States
- The table above shows estimated duty and tax rates. The actual amount charged by customs may differ from the rates above. Please be advised that Tanzanite Direct has no control over tax, duty or customs clearance charge.
- In the event of a returning an item, customers can apply to the customs department of your country to refund the taxes and duty costs.
- This information/link is intended as a helpful guide, and we take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information this table / website links provided.
Use our contact form – we’ll respond right away.
Read Full Terms and Conditions Here
Free international shipping and insurance on all orders.
- Using Fedex, all our shipments are shipped, fully insured, free of charge to most countries worldwide.
- You will receive a Fedex tracking number once your order is dispatched so you can track your shipments progress. We aim to dispatch your order within 48 working hours of purchase.
- If you would like to keep your gift a surprise and pick up your parcel at your local Fedex Depo – please contact Fedex after dispatch with your tracking number.
How long will delivery take?
- Free shipping to most locations globally usually takes between 4-7 working days from order.
- Fedex Express shipping (estimated 2-3 days, $50.00 USD ) is available for urgent orders at checkout .
|FREE SHIPPING OPTION
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY COURIER
INTERNATIONAL TRACK AND TRACE COURIER
(optional, cost calculated at checkout )
|AUSTRALIA/ NEW ZEALAND
|3-5 working days
|1-3 working days
|ASIA, NORTH AMERICA
|4-6 working days
|2-4 working days
|5-6 working days
|2-4 working days
|REST OF WORLD
|Please check shipping restrictions as we may not ship to your country of residence. Scroll down to check country restrictions
We aim to dispatch your order within 48 working hours of purchase.
Rings in US Size 7 are available for immediate dispatch, re-sizing usually takes 24-48 hours unless notified otherwise.
Where do we ship to ?
|Hong Kong (SAR)
- If you would like your order shipped to a destination not listed – please contact customer service first to confirm.
- We are unable to ship to India or Africa, excluding South Africa
- Insures and registers all items for their full value.
- Requires that all deliveries are made to a physical business or home address only. We do not ship to P.O. box addresses.
- Requires an adult to sign for the delivery.
Where do Tanzanite Direct ship from ?
Tanzanite: Our Tanzanite gemstones and jewellery are shipped from Hong Hong, where our worldwide distribution center is located. Hong Kong’s position as an international shipping hub allows us to export quickly and safely to our customers worldwide .
Use our contact form or email us here and we’ll respond right away.
Read Full Terms and Conditions Here
TANZANITE WEIGHT & MEASUREMENT
- Measurements show the tanzanite’s minimum diameter and depth, measured in millimetres. The measurements are noted as length x width x depth.
- The “face-up” measurements of length and width are the best way to judge a colored stones actual size – as opposed to carat weight which can change depending on the variations in each stones proportions.
- Tanzanite Directs ‘s gemologists hand-select only premium cut stones which are symmetrical, smoothly polished, and even in color and light reflection.
Tanzanite Direct separates our tanzanite into four color groups.
- The lighter the color of the tanzanite – the more commonly it is found.
- The richer and more vibrant the color, the rarer and more expensive the tanzanite.
- Due to its unique crystal structure, tanzanite is one of only two known gemstones to clearly show two colors at once. As a result, a tanzanite can never be purely blue or violet colored – always a combination of the two.
- Darker tanzanite does not mean better tanzanite – it means rarer. Beauty is subjective and the right color for you is a personal choice.
- “Clarity” means the number of inclusions: any natural cracks, features or flaws within a tanzanite gemstone.
- Only flawless loose tanzanite gemstones, with no inclusions and the highest GIA Clarity grade of “Eye Clean”- which is commonly known as “flawless”- are sold by Tanzanite Direct .
FREE GLOBAL SHIPPING & INSURANCE
We are pleased to offer our clients free, fully insured shipping to most countries.
FREE 14 DAY-RETURNS
We always do our best to make sure you love your tanzanite – but if you’re not fully satisfied for any reason, we will make it right, at no cost to you. Free, no-questions-asked returns are available within 14 days of delivery.
GET YOUR GEM FAST
With our standard shipping, you will usually receive your tanzanite within 4-5 days of ordering. Need the gems sooner? Choose Priority Service, and they’ll be at your door even faster, usually 48 hours or less.
IMPORT DUTY & TAX
- American Customers – The USA is one of the only countries in the world where loose tanzanite gemstones are tax free when imported. If you order tanzanite jewellery you will be taxed an additional 5.5% of the jewellery items total value, by Fedex, when it is imported. State tax may also apply. Learn more
- Global Customers – you are responsible for any import duty or taxes your country may charge. This ammount is not charged at checkout or included in our prices. Learn more
HOW CAN WE HELP?
We appreciate that this is very special purchase for you, and wish to make your experience with Tanzanite Direct the best it can be. If you need any assistance, advice or support, please don’t hesitate to contact us.